In recent years, the development of the elevator industry has changed from machine-room elevators in the past to machine-room-less elevators. The MRL elevator is not a simple partial improvement to the traditional elevator of the past, but a major change in elevator technology. This is because some key technologies used in machine-room-less elevators will be applied to other elevator products, driving the development of the whole elevator industry. So today we will discuss what is a machine-room-less elevator.
What is a machine-room-less elevator
A machine-room-less elevator is an elevator that does not require an enclosed special room for the installation of the main elevator drive, control cabinet, speed limiter and other equipment. In order to save space, the machine room-less elevator installs the control cabinet, main unit, speed limiter and other equipment that used to be installed in the machine room above the shaft in the shaft instead, eliminating the special machine room setting and effectively increasing the floor space utilization rate while reducing the construction cost. The small gearless mainframe and 2:1 traction system are used for transportation, eliminating the noise in the machine room caused by traditional gear meshing. The thin control cabinet is installed in the shaft near the first floor, so that installation and commissioning, data reading and writing, daily maintenance and passenger rescue can be carried out quickly and conveniently through off-hall access while effectively waterproofing, and the minimum thickness of 130 mm saves the maximum space in the shaft.
Since mrl elevators do not have a machine room, their control system has higher flexibility, convenience and reliability compared with ordinary elevators.
Structural characteristics of machine room-less elevators
The current machine roomless elevators use many cutting-edge technologies in the industry. Many gearless traction machines of machine roomless elevators have adopted a number of advanced miniaturization technologies, such as permanent magnet motors, unique stator structures and built-in double brakes. Layout, etc., the body is extremely small.
Optimized motor design
The optimized motor design also greatly reduces the torque ripple that directly affects the comfort of elevator operation, and the compact mechanical structure runs smoother, quieter and more comfortable than previous products. In the aspect of elevator drive, the application of advanced technologies such as high-storage large-scale integrated circuits and low-noise PWM inverter components make the drive device’s variable voltage and variable frequency control of the traction machine more accurate and smooth. As the IPU of the motor drive circuit power supply system (integrated power unit) and PM (permanent magnet) motors again greatly reduce energy consumption.
Elevator door structure optimization
The direct drive door system also uses permanent magnet motors and is arranged inside the door operator structure, which not only saves space, but also makes the door opening and closing action more stable and quiet. The control of the door loop uses a high-performance chip to enhance the sensitivity, and can be precisely controlled according to the different conditions between each floor. The control box in the car is installed on the side wall of the car, and the command signal can be registered without turning around after entering the car.
Humanized design of elevator car
The interior design of the car is very user-friendly, the display adopts large fonts, and the height of the command button is lower than before, making it easy for anyone to operate. The machine room-less elevator that integrates these high-tech achievements means safer, more reliable and more comfortable ride enjoyment for users, while for elevator maintenance units, it requires higher technical content and more accurate and standardized work.
Machine room-less elevator top floor height
The national standard does not specify the minimum height of the top floor. The minimum height of the top floor is determined according to the product structure of each elevator manufacturer, but the Chinese elevator standard stipulates the conditions that the minimum value should meet, that is, when the car is pushed to the top and the counterweight is completely compacted After the counterweight buffer, the clear distance between the highest part of the car and the bottom structure of the hoistway top plate should not be less than: 0.1+0.035x the speed square of the guidance stroke.
Find a suitable elevator manufacturer, and the manufacturer will carry out parameter design and quotation in a targeted manner to prevent the pre-determined civil construction shaft, bottom pit, and top floor height from being inappropriate, resulting in insufficient places in some places and waste in some places.
The difference between machine room elevator and machine room elevator
Machine room-less elevators, as the name suggests, are elevators without machine rooms, while machine-room elevators are machine rooms in the elevators, which are divided into two types: small machine rooms and general machine rooms. Among them, the small machine room is different from the machine room of the general elevator, and the size is smaller, and the size of the general machine room is larger than the hoistway.
Machine room elevator, its machine room is on the top of the elevator, occupying a large space, for home improvement elevator users, the cost is high, and there are requirements for housing construction. With machine room-less elevators, there is no need to create a machine room, and an elevator can be installed in the interior design of the house, which not only does not occupy space, but also is flexible and convenient, and at the same time, the cost is low.
Machine room elevators have better load than machine roomless elevators. It is recommended to choose machine room elevators for commercial use, and machine roomless elevators for home use. The number of passengers is small, and the elevator load can also meet the needs of households.
Ease of maintenance
There are control cabinets, traction machines and speed limiters in the machine room elevator machine room. In case of elevator failure, maintenance personnel can repair or rescue people at will. For machine room-less elevators, the facilities are on the top of the elevator shaft, which is difficult to maintain.
The machine room-less elevator occupies less space, is easy to install, will not destroy the original architectural style, and is more beautiful. And the machine room elevator, because the machine room occupies a large space, it will also destroy the style of the building, so the aesthetics is slightly worse.
Civil construction is different
The machine room-less elevator has no machine room, which can reduce the cost of civil engineering and the design of civil engineering. The elevator in the machine room increases the difficulty of civil construction and also increases the construction area.
Advantages of machine-room-less elevators
The characteristics of machine-room-less elevators are as follows.
- The main machine, drive cabinet and control cabinet of mrl elevator are installed in the upper part of the shaft, so there is no need for a special machine room, which has great advantages in terms of beautiful appearance compared with traditional elevators.
- The high reliability of machine room-less elevator operation and its luxurious configuration make it suitable for various high-grade office buildings, star hotels, hotels, hospitals, exhibition centers, fashionable residential communities and other occasions.
Its outstanding advantages are shown as follows.
- Green and environmental protection, no need for special machine room for elevator, saving space and cost.
- Low vibration, low noise, stable and reliable.
- High efficiency and energy saving.
Difference between machine-room-less elevators and elevators with machine rooms
Advantages of mrl elevators compared with machine-room elevators
- The advantage of mrl is space saving.
- Since machine room is not needed, it has greater benefits for building structure and cost, which makes the building design more flexible and convenient. At the same time, since machine room is eliminated, the building cost of mrl elevator is lower than that of machine-room elevator for the owner.
- Machine room-less elevators can solve the problem of elevator installation within the effective height, because it is not necessary to set up a separate elevator machine room, which can effectively reduce the height of the building. At the same time, for places where it is not convenient to set up elevator machine rooms, it can well alleviate the space problem of the building itself for the installation of elevators, such as the retrofitting of old buildings.
Disadvantages of machine-room-less elevators compared with machine-room elevators
- Noiseless room is obviously bigger than elevator with machine room.
- The comfort of elevator without machine room is obviously weaker than that of elevator with machine room.
- Limitation of elevator speed in mrl elevators. The mrl elevator is not applicable to the high-speed elevator type above 1.75m/s.
- The load capacity of elevator with machine room is also significantly better than that of elevator without machine room.
- The heat dissipation function of mrl elevator is worse than that of machine-room elevator. Especially the fully transparent sightseeing elevator is not suitable for the installation of mrl elevator, the heat gathered in the elevator in summer cannot be discharged, and the elevator failure increases.
- The traction machine and control cabinet are set in the machine room, which is convenient for maintenance.
The machine-room-less elevator is constantly making up for the disadvantages in the continuous technical innovation, which makes the machine-room-less elevator more and more popular, and more and more elevator manufacturers are accelerating the development of more excellent machine-room-less elevators. If you have more questions or are looking for a machine-room-less elevator manufacturer, you can check out hosting’s products or contact us to talk to our R&D team.